Diri Ak Jon Jon or Rice Mushrooms - Diri Ak Djondjon
What you will need:
• 2 cups of rice (long grain)
• 4 cups of water
• 1 cup of dried, black mushrooms
• 1 small, finely chopped onion
• 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
• 2 tbsp. of oil or butter
• Salt (to taste)
• Pepper (to taste)
• A sprig of thyme
What you should do:
1. Slice mushroom caps and place in cold water for 15 minutes to a half hour (or overnight, if possible) after discarding the stipes.
2. Heat oil or butter in a pot and sauté onions, thyme and garlic until tender.
3. Add water from the mushrooms to sautéd veggies and bring to a boil.
4. Add rice, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Let the rice cook for about 20 minutes or until it is tender, yet flaky.
The recipe should serve six; however, the demand for Diri Ak Djondjon is so strong, more is always best.
All Comments (1)
Sounds wonderful but just a question..
What else beside the rice shows in the accompanying picture..
Some kind of beans or what?
Leave a ReplyName (required) E-mail (required, will not be published)
Our objective is to share with you news and information about Haiti and the people of Haiti. Traditions, habits and the way we were or grew are alive in this site. We highly recommend that you Subscribe to our Newsletter and also share with us some of the things that are memorable and made us unique people.