Gas explosion at Hotel Montana, four people injured
The explosion at Hotel Montana took place Monday, May 20 while an outside company was in the process of supplying propane gas to the Hotel. Montana Hotel is located in Port-au-Prince, Route de Bourdon, Pétion-Ville.
Cause of the incident was attributed to a leak in the gas line during delivery
Hotel Montana was built in 1946 and was a popular four star tourist resort. During the 2010 earthquake, the main building of the hotel collapsed and an estimated 200 guests were reported missing the day after the collapse. Some of the victims included: Serge Marcil, former Canadian MP, Sam Dixon, head of the United Methodist Committee on Relief, Clinton Rabb, head of the United Methodist office of mission volunteers and Tran Trieu Quan, president of the International Taekwon-Do Federation.
Since 2011, Hotel Montana has been under construction with their bar, pool, restaurant and some rooms already in operation.
Haiti Tourism in Picture
All Comments (2)
l'hotel de la photo est plutot le El Rancho des Sylvera detruit en parti le 12 Janvier
Leave a ReplyName (required) E-mail (required, will not be published)
Our objective is to share with you news and information about Haiti and the people of Haiti. Traditions, habits and the way we were or grew are alive in this site. We highly recommend that you Subscribe to our Newsletter and also share with us some of the things that are memorable and made us unique people.