Haitian Akasan - AK100 - Corn Flour Drink
What you will need to make Haitian Akasan or Corn Flour Drink:
• 2 sticks of cinnamon
• 1 cup of corn flour (very fine)
• Brown or white sugar (to taste)
• 4-6 anise stars
• 1 can of evaporated milk (12 ounces)
• Dash of salt
• 1 tsp. vanilla extract
• Lime zest
What you should do to make Haitian Akasan - AK100:
1) Bring to a boil 4 cups of water flavored with the cinnamon, anise stars and salt.
2) In 1 cup of cold water, mix the corn flour thoroughly with a dash of salt.
3) Turn the heat down under the boiling flavored water and pour corn and water solution slowly into the boiling water while stirring.
4) Keep stirring for about five minutes until the mixture becomes thick in consistency. For a grainier texture from the cornmeal, cook for an additional 2 minutes.
5) Put in vanilla extract, can of evaporated milk and lime zest.
6) Remove cinnamon sticks and anise stars before consuming.
7) For a warm drink, do not refrigerate and serve with sugar and warm evaporated milk added to your taste.
8) Alternately, allow the drink to completely cool and then refrigerate.
9) If consuming cold, keep refrigerated overnight and serve with sugar and evaporated milk, added to your taste as you would when drinking coffee.
All Comments (1)
Leave a ReplyName (required) E-mail (required, will not be published)
Our objective is to share with you news and information about Haiti and the people of Haiti. Traditions, habits and the way we were or grew are alive in this site. We highly recommend that you Subscribe to our Newsletter and also share with us some of the things that are memorable and made us unique people.