Haitian Boillion is a hearty Haitian soup that is as tasty as it is wholesome. The cooking time is long, but the steps are so easy and low-maintenance it will prove a wonderful addition to your repertoire.
What you will need:
• 1 chicken (cut into pieces)
• 2 lbs of Beef Cubes
• 2 stalks of celery (sliced)
• 3 sprigs of parsley (fresh)
• 2 russet potatoes (peeled)
• 1 lb sweet potatoes (peeled and sliced)
• 1 lb white potatoes (peeled and sliced)
• 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
• 2 carrots (scraped and sliced)
• 1 large onion (chopped)
• 3 medium tomatoes (peeled and chopped)
• 2 cloves (whole)
• 4 quarts of water
• 2 green plantains (peeled and cut up)
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 bay leaf
• 2 tbsp seasoned salt
• 2 halved limes
• 1 spinach
• 1/4 cup scallions (chopped)
• 3 tbsp tomato paste
What you should do:
1. Clean chicken with lime halves.
2. Season with seasoned salt and let stand for 2 hours.
3. Put seasoned chicken into a large pot with the water and spinach.
4. Bring to boil and then skim the surface after 10 minutes.
5. Allow chicken to cook until tender.
6. Add all other ingredients and cook for an hour or until potatoes are cooked.
7. Remove the two whole potatoes, mash and return to soup, stirring until incorporated and soup is thickened.
8. Remove the cloves, bay leaf and parsley.
9. Refine taste with salt and pepper then serve hot.
Leave a ReplyName (required) E-mail (required, will not be published)
Our objective is to share with you news and information about Haiti and the people of Haiti. Traditions, habits and the way we were or grew are alive in this site. We highly recommend that you Subscribe to our Newsletter and also share with us some of the things that are memorable and made us unique people.