Amerijet International a Customer-Friendly Airline

Amerijet International, established in 1974, began service with one piece of leased aircraft, carrying both freight and passengers from the U.S. to the Bahamas. CEO and Chairman, David Bassett, founded the airline with a co-partner. Bassett and his partner decided in 1976 to make Amerijet a cargo-ship carrier only. By 1978, Amerijet International bid for contracts that were then being given to Purolator, FedEx, UPS, DHL, and Airborne Express, and won them all.


By 1982 Amerijet, suffering financial difficulties, dissolved the partnership with a buyout by Bassett. Bassett re-launched the airline under the name Amerijet International, and ran the newly-formed company under Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection for the next four months. A financial turnaround happened quickly, due to a merger with HIG Capital, who bought 66% of shares, leaving Bassett with 34% of the company. Since then the company has extended its fleet to nine airships, flying to 52 destinations, with 577 employee personnel. Its freight transportation division carries cargo to 550-plus destinations globally.

Amerijet has its headquarter offices in Fort Lauderdale, Miami, and its operational base at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport. It also operates a satellite base at Miami International Airport. Amerijet boasts a global customer base that includes individual travelers, startup businesses, and international corporations of every major industry around the world.

Amerijet marketing efforts focus on three main components to keep the company competitive and growing:

1. Reliability as a passenger and cargo-carrying airline

2. Tailored solutions to fulfill shipping requirements

3. Relationship building with their customer base

Reply to this article

Read more: Amerijet International, Transportation

« New Air Ambulance Services in Haiti, for whom exactly? | Main | Haiti ranked Dead last in port facilities, airport, road and infrastructure »

Return to Articles List

Leave a Reply

Name (required)

E-mail (required, will not be published)

Subject: Amerijet International a Customer-Friendly Airline edit

» »

Our objective is to share with you news and information about Haiti and the people of Haiti. Traditions, habits and the way we were  or  grew are alive in this site. We highly recommend that you Subscribe to our Newsletter and also share with us some of the things that are memorable and made us unique people.