Jean Bertrand Aristide and Jean Claude Duvalier have so much in Common
I don't know if you have been able to detect trend and similarities within these two highly controversial personalities in Haitian politic, in that I mean Jean Bertrand Aristide and Jean Claude Duvalier, but I do. Let's see:
1) Both Jean Claude Duvalier and Jean Bertrand Aristide have passionate fanatics
2) Both have been accused of making millions by stealing from the government
3) Both Jean Claude Duvalier and Jean Bertrand Aristide went on exile
4) Duvalier and Aristide came back from exile within the same year
5) Beside other former presidents, Jean Claude Duvalier and Jean Bertrand Aristide were visited at home by current president Michel Martelly
6) On February 28, 2013, former Haitian dictator Jean-Claude Duvalier showed up at the Port-au-Prince Appeals Court to hear various charges against him for crimes against humanity. Today, May 8, 2013, it is Aristide's turn to go to court. He is to answer questions on the unresolved case of slain radio journalist. Jean Dominique.
Does that mean, if one goes to prison, the other would follow?
Expecting the day to be very agitated by the supporter of the Lavals leader, police ban all demonstrations on the day of the court hearing. Still, thousands of Aristide's supporters are expected to show up outside the courthouse which could lead to confrontation with police.
This court hearing will be the first public presentation by Aristide since he returned to the country from exile in March 2011.
Read more: jean-bertrand aristide, police, jean claude duvalier, Jean Bertrand Aristide, Haiti National Police, Court of Cassation, Court, Lavalas, Fanmi lavalas, Court of Appeal, Newsletter Articles, People
All Comments (1)
Leave a ReplyName (required) E-mail (required, will not be published)
Our objective is to share with you news and information about Haiti and the people of Haiti. Traditions, habits and the way we were or grew are alive in this site. We highly recommend that you Subscribe to our Newsletter and also share with us some of the things that are memorable and made us unique people.