Natural Park Quisqueya Lake Festival To Promote Eco-Tourism In A Ten Day Event

ADVERTISEMENT


One of Haiti's natural resources, Natural Park Quisqueya (NPQ), is holding its first Lake Festival, beginning August 23rd and running through September 1st 2013. The Foundation for the Development of Alternative Tourism in Haiti (FONDTAH) and its partner, AfricAmerican Foundation (AAF), are initiators of the ten day and -night event.

One of the purposes of the festival, FONDTAH and AAF, say is to draw more eco-tourism to NPQ, so private investment will enable increased local-product exports. The idea is to show off the attractions that make NPQ a biodiversity hotspot, seat of unusual flora and fauna species.

The Lake Festival Committee has planned an event calendar to include art and culture; ecology and biodiversity forums; and multi-communal exchanges.

The European Union is financing the Lake Festival for five million gourdes, 80% of the cost of the festival, the remaining 20% to be borne by the government of Haiti.

The NPQLake Festival will happen at Fond-Parisien where NPQ is located. It is not far from Port-au-Prince and nearer to the borderline of the Dominican Republic. It looks down on Lake Azuei with the Trou d'Eau and Sierra de Neyba northward ranges, and Selle and Sierra de Bahoruco southward mountains.

To develop NPQ as a must-see eco-tourism spot took a decade, and became open to tourists in 2002. NPQ is an opportunity for visitors to learn about the biodiversity and historical treasures of one of Haiti's richest ecological jewels.

Reply to this article   (0)

Read more: tourism, Eco-Tourism, Park, Energy Environment

Related Photos

Manifestation preventing Royal Caribbean from going to Labadee   Guy Didier Hyppolite installed as Minister of Tourism and Creative Industry   Robert Anglade, owner of Hotel Jardins sur Mer, assassinated   Royal Caribbean ship in Labadee, Haiti   Royal Decameron Indigo, Haiti   Royal Decameron Indigo and White sands   Plan to build cable car linking Labadee with Citadelle Laferriere   Noailles Village, a thriving metal sculpture industry in Haiti   Jet Blue new non-stop Flights From Boston To Haiti  

Leave a Reply

Name (required)

E-mail (required, will not be published)

» »

Our objective is to share with you news and information about Haiti and the people of Haiti. Traditions, habits and the way we were  or  grew are alive in this site. We highly recommend that you Subscribe to our Newsletter and also share with us some of the things that are memorable and made us unique people.