Tassot de Cabrit or Fried Cubed Goat
What you will need:
• 2-3 lbs of cubed goat meat
• 1/2 a cup of Orange Juice (Sour)
• 1/4 of a cup of Lime Juice
• 1 tsp. of hot pepper and salt (each)
• 1 tbsp. of chopped parsley and thyme (each)
• 2 finely chopped shallots
• 4 cups of water
• Oil for frying
What you should do:
1. Wash cubed meat, no bigger than 2-3 inches in thickness, as thicker pieces will take longer to cook, in vinegar and use cold water to rinse.
2. Marinate in orange and lime juices, pepper and salt for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
3. Boil the marinated meat in a pot without putting in additional liquids.
4. Add water after the initial stock has evaporated and cook until the meat is tender. You may need to add water periodically, a cup at a time.
5. When meat is cooked, removed from the liquid. Do not dispose of the liquid.
6. Heat oil in a large frying pan and, without overcrowding the pan, fry the cooked pieces of meat. Serve while still hot.
This meal, apart from the cooking time, takes about 90 minutes to prepare and serves 4-6 people. For healthier methods, drizzle with oil and roast on a fire grill or bake on a dish for 25 minutes after boiling.
Leave a ReplyName (required) E-mail (required, will not be published)
Our objective is to share with you news and information about Haiti and the people of Haiti. Traditions, habits and the way we were or grew are alive in this site. We highly recommend that you Subscribe to our Newsletter and also share with us some of the things that are memorable and made us unique people.