Three people killed in Fire as soup Joumou left unattended on a stove in Queens
Fifty nine year old Louise Jean-Charles, along with her husband Napoleon Michel who was 69 and 37-year-old Nadia Donnay were killed as a result of the fire. The report indicated that 150 firefighters responded to the fire and several were treated for injuries
A kitchen fire erupted at 11:45 p.m. in New York City's Elmhurst neighborhood, killing a Haitian couple and their cousin. Louise Jean-Charles, 59, and her husband Napoleon Michel, 69, became trapped inside their apartment. By the time fire crews arrived and rescued them, all three had suffered cardiac arrest.
The incident began when a pot of soup not attended to ignited a fire, quickly spreading to the dining room, living room, hallway, and bathroom, ending in the back bedrooms. When the firefighters entered they discovered the couple in the bedrooms. The cousin, Nadia Donnay, 37, was found jammed behind the door of the apartment. The three, who might've survived, could not be reached immediately because firefighters had to fight the blaze in the rooms leading to the bedrooms first.
Jinyin yon dife ki te pran nan New York 31 Decemb ki soti passe-a ki tiye 3 moun. Aparamman, moun yo te ape prepare soup joumou pou premye Janvier et dife sanble pren pandan ke bonm soup la te nan dife et ke yo tape dormi.
Leave a ReplyName (required) E-mail (required, will not be published)
Our objective is to share with you news and information about Haiti and the people of Haiti. Traditions, habits and the way we were or grew are alive in this site. We highly recommend that you Subscribe to our Newsletter and also share with us some of the things that are memorable and made us unique people.